GAIL’S RUNNING TIPS
**CARBS ARE FUEL IF YOU’RE RUNNING! YOUR BODY NEEDS THEM SO IT DOESN’T FEED OFF YOUR MUSCLES AND ORGANS! ADJUST TO YOUR BODY! GO AT YOUR PACE!**
- Knee braces are a MUST! Walmart Ace adjustable straps are my favorite.They help prevent further damage and help with strain from previous damage.
- Water bottle, Powerade zero, or camel pack – MUST have fluids on hand
- Light, reflective clothing so people can see you
- Runners pack for your phone (please don’t run without your phone, it’s your lifeline if something goes wrong)
- Dress for the weather including hats, sunblock, coats, masks, etc.
- Start Small: walk as far as you can go, then every walk go a few steps farther until you reach your target distance goal
- Interval Training: slowly start jogging for one minute then walk for 2 minutes off and on until you’ve reached your targeted distance goal
- When you feel able and ready, start jogging in longer time increments and shorter walking times
Find a Yen Yoga online or gym class to help stretch your hips and legs
Epsom salt baths to relax your muscles
Take rest days to rebuild the muscles you’ve torn down
Eat a carb BEFORE you run such as a banana or bagel
Protein AFTER your run to help rebuild your muscles
Push fluids so you don’t get dehydrated